The Canadian Bridge Federation (CBF) is a non-profit organization that promotes and protects the interests of Canadian bridge players. The CBF is seeking an Executive Assistant to perform a variety of administrative duties to support the CBF’s Board of Directors.
The Executive Assistant manages the day-to-day office operations of the CBF and is the primary liaison person for the organization. Accordingly, the Executive Assistant handles communication with members and other organizations involved with bridge in Canada.
- Manage information flow in a timely manner, including email correspondence
- Prepare and format information for internal (Board of Directors) and external communication (CBF members)
- Prepare material as necessary for bi-monthly Bridge Canada issues and for the CBF website
- Liaise with contacts at the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL) on matters pertaining to Canadian bridge, including game scheduling, sanctions and fees, results and masterpoint awards, membership and club rosters
- Take minutes during CBF Board and AGM meetings
- Keep records of all motions and decisions made by the CBF Board
- Organize the annual Canadian Bridge Championships
- Organize the annual CBF Board meeting and AGM
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and financial statements
- Oversee all aspects of special CBF bridge games (Rookie-Master games, Fund games, Sectional Tournament at Clubs (STaC) games). Liaise with and provide support to clubs holding these special bridge games
Requirements and Skills:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept in the use of computers and familiarity with using databases
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to be discrete
- Able to play bridge
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you interested in this job opportunity, contact Freddie Mykytyshyn at email@example.com.