STaC is an abbreviation for a special kind of sectional tournament known as Sectional Tournament at Clubs. It offers sectional rating and is played in a number of clubs in a specific area over a period of several days. The masterpoints awarded in this type of tournament are silver points.
Results of all games are sent to the director-in-charge of the event. Section results are determined by comparing the results of play at individual clubs. Overall pair game awards are determined by comparing the results of all games conducted at a particular session just as if all of the games were played at one site. STaC results are uploaded directly to the ACBL results page. As a result, results are available quickly and updates happen automatically.
The CBF Canada-Wide STaC is played in clubs all across the country and always begins on the 3rd Monday of February.
NEXT CBF STaC: February 10 – 20, 2022
CBF STaC FORMS
Click Here Daily Results and Participating Clubs
HOW TO REGISTER
STaC registration is done through the ACBL Website (you need a “MY ACBL” login to proceed).
- Go to the ACBL Website at www.acbl.org
- Click on the Tournaments tab.
- Click on STACs on the left hand menu of the Tournaments webpage. A calendar listing of upcoming STaCs will be displayed.
- Scroll down to the appropriate dates and the line that states “STaC D1: U166,181, 212 …” and click on Club Administration.
- Click on “Registration Form”. You will be asked to log in to “MY ACBL” and you will then be able to register your club for the STaC.
HOW TO GET GAME HAND RECORDS
- Repeat steps 1-4 above.
- Click on “Hand Records”. You will be asked to log in to “MY ACBL”.
- You will now have a page appear that will list your hand records. Check what you want and then at the bottom of the page click on DOWNLOAD.
- A new page will appear with instructions on how to download your game hand records.