This year, our Championships will be played online: on RealBridge and BBO. Championship events (CNTC-A, CWTC, CSTC, CMTC) ) will be played on RealBridge and CNTC B, CNTC-C COPC and CIPC will be played on BBO. Events on RealBridge will require video and audio and will be played behind screens.
Our premiere pair events, the Canadian Open Pairs Championship (June 4 & 5) and the Canadian IMP Pairs Championship (June 11 & 12) will be played on BBO. Pairs must register on our website, as registration will not be available on BBO. The Registration deadline is May 31 for the COPC and June 7 for the CIPC. The cost is $80 per pair per day. Pairs who qualify for the second day will pay for day 2 on our website when they find out they qualified.
Prizes for the COPC and CIPC are in the form of CBF Credits which can be used for entries to CBF events. Your entry fees will be refunded and the pair will split the remainder as credits towards future CBC or CBF Online Team League entries.
- 1st place pair receives $1,000 CBF credit
- 2nd place pair receives $700 CBF credit
- 3rd place pair receives $300 CBF credit
The CNTC A, B and C Championships have ended, and the next Team Championships will be held in the coming weekends: CWTC, CMTC, CSTC.
Participants must be paid up (not free) members of the CBF and no club qualification is necessary this year.
- CNTC A, CSTC, CWTC and CMTC — Winning teams will play at the World Bridge Series as Team Canada and receive a $2500Can subsidy towards travel plus the entry fee will be paid.
- CNTC B — Masterpoints will be issued. Overall awards will be Gold points. Prizes in the form of CBF credits will be awarded: $750 for 1st, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd. You will receive a refund of entry fees and the remainder will be CBF credits to be used for future CBF events.
- CNTC C — Masterpoints will be issued. Overall awards will be Gold points. Prizes in the form of CBF credits will be awarded: $500 for 1st and $300 for 2nd. These are CBF credits – you will receive a refund of entry fees, plus any remainder will be CBF credits to be used for future CBF events.
- COPC & CIPC — Masterpoints will be awarded. Prizes in the form of CBF credits will be awarded: $1,000 for 1st, $700 for 2nd and $300 for 3rd. You will receive a refund of entry fees and the remainder will be CBF credits to be used for future CBF events.
Schedule – Venue – Registration Deadline – Cost
|RR-April 22, 23, 24;
QF-April 30; SF-May 1;
|RealBridge||April 1||RR: $540
|CNTC B||RR-Apr 30, May 1;
SF-May 2; Final-May 2
|BBO||April 15||RR: $360
|CNTC C||RR-April 23;
SF-Apr 24; Final-Apr 24
|BBO||April 10||RR: $180
|CWTC||RR-May 6, 7;
SF-May 8; Final-May 9
|RealBridge||April 15||RR: $360
|CMTC||RR-May 13, 14, 15;
QF-May 21; SF-May 22
|RealBridge||April 15||RR: $540
|CSTC||RR-May 27, 28;
SF-May 29; Final-May 30
|RealBridge||May 6||RR: $360
|2 Qualifying Sessions-June 4
2 Final Sessions-June 5
|BBO||May 31 **||$20/person/session
|2 Qualifying Sessions-June 11
2 Final Sessions–June 12
|BBO||June 7 **||$20/person/session
* Deadline is at midnight EST.
** Registration is required on the CBF website by the deadline.
*** Times for COPC & CIPC (Qualifying sessions and Final sessions)
. Session 1: noon EDT / 9:00 am PDT
. Session 2: 4:00 pm EDT / 1:00 pm PDT
Detailed instructions regarding logging in to BBO and finding the game will be sent out to participants prior to each event.
For additional information, please visit the 2022 Canadian Bridge Championships website, by clicking on the red button on the left of the Home page (Link here). The general information about the tournament is posted there, and later you will find team information and results.
General information is also posted under the menu Events/Championships 2022 (Link here).
Click here to register to all events.