This year our Championships will be played on RealBridge and BBO. Championship events (CNTC-A, CWTC, CSTC, CMTC) will be played on RealBridge and CNTC-B, CNTC-C plus COPC and CIPC will be played on BBO. They are held on weekends, starting on April 22nd with the CNTC-A, and continuing until June 12th with the various events that will start in succession.
Click here for the website of the 2022 Canadian Bridge Championships
The structure will be much like a “live” event with matches scheduled from 11:30am to 9:30pm eastern time with breaks between matches. Rescheduling will not be possible.
Participants must be paid up (not free) members of the CBF and no club qualification is necessary this year.
Events on RealBridge will require video and audio. Events on RealBridge will require video and audio. We have arranged practice sessions on Realbridge. We recommend that all participants attend these free practice sessions to make sure their computers/tablets are set up properly and to familiarize themselves with RealBridge. More information on RealBridge practice sessions is the news item on this subject.
Click here to register to all events.
- CNTC A, CSTC, CWTC and CMTC — Winning teams will play at the World Bridge Series as Team Canada and receive a $2500Can subsidy towards travel plus the entry fee will be paid.
- CNTC B — Masterpoints will be issued. Overall awards will be Gold points. Prizes in the form of CBF credits will be awarded: $750 for 1st, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd. You will receive a refund of entry fees and the remainder will be CBF credits to be used for future CBF events.
- CNTC C — Masterpoints will be issued. Overall awards will be Gold points. Prizes in the form of CBF credits will be awarded: $500 for 1st and $300 for 2nd. These are CBF credits – you will receive a refund of entry fees, plus any remainder will be CBF credits to be used for future CBF events.
- COPC & CIPC — Masterpoints will be awarded. Prizes in the form of CBF credits will be awarded: $1,000 for 1st, $700 for 2nd and $300 for 3rd. You will receive a refund of entry fees and the remainder will be CBF credits to be used for future CBF events.
Schedule – Venue – Registration Deadline – Cost
|RR-April 22, 23, 24;
QF-April 30; SF-May 1;
|RealBridge||April 1||RR: $540
|CNTC B||RR-Apr 30, May 1;
SF-May 2; Final-May 2
|BBO||April 15||RR: $360
|CNTC C||RR-April 23;
SF-Apr 24; Final-Apr 24
|BBO||April 10||RR: $180
|CWTC||RR-May 6, 7;
SF-May 8; Final-May 9
|RealBridge||April 15||RR: $360
|CMTC||RR-May 13, 14, 15;
QF-May 21; SF-May 22
|RealBridge||April 15||RR: $540
|CSTC||RR-May 27, 28;
SF-May 29; Final-May 30
|RealBridge||May 6||RR: $360
|2 Qualifying Sessions-June 4
2 Final Sessions-June 5
|BBO||May 31 **||$20/person/session
|2 Qualifying Sessions-June 11
2 Final Sessions–June 12
|BBO||June 7 **||$20/person/session
* Deadline is at midnight EST.
** Registration is required on the CBF website by the deadline.
*** Times for COPC & CIPC (Qualifying sessions and Final sessions)
. Session 1: noon EDT / 9:00 am PDT
. Session 2: 4:00 pm EDT / 1:00 pm PDT
Detailed instructions regarding logging in to BBO and finding the game will be sent out to participants prior to each event.
General Conditions of Contest – Click here
Supplemental Conditions of Contest – Click here
RealBridge Practice Sessions – News article – Click here
Printable Version – Events and Dates – Click here