At its recent meetings in Lyon, the WBF Executive Council decided to raise the age requirement for Senior players to 65. Implementation will be gradual over the next 8 years in accordance with the following schedule:
- Starting January 1st, 2018, Senior players must be at least 61 years of age in the year of the Championship in which they participate
- On January 1st, 2020 this will be raised to 62 years of age
- On January 1st, 2022 it will be raised to 63 years of age
- On January 1st, 2024 it will be raised to 64 years of age
- On January 1st, 2026 it will be raised to 65 years of age
Accordingly, the same age eligibility requirement for Senior players, and implementation schedule, will apply to participation in the Canadian Seniors Team Championship (CSTC).